Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nachos


On Friday evening, I came into the kitchen to find the Kiwi Flatmate making nachos.  To my surprise, her plate was filled with bright orange Nacho Cheese Doritos!  She had covered them with beans and cheese.  She asked me what I thought was strange, and I told her I was surprised by the chips she was using.  She said, "What, should I have chosen Ranch?  What flavor would you use?"  I said that I would have used tortilla chips.  Then we consulted the Jamerican to see if she thought Nacho Cheese Dorito Nachos were normal to her.  Nope.  We all sampled the dish.  It wasn't bad, but it was definitely different to have the cheesy powder on the chips.  The Jamerican liked it.  


While tortilla chips (or as the Kiwi Flatmate called them "unflavored corn chips") are easy to find in the land where Tex-Mex cuisine rules, evidently they aren't as popular in New Zealand, so they often make do with other kinds of chips.  


What is the weirdest thing you've had on your nachos?


Signed,
American Roomie

1 comment:

  1. I tried to have a Mexican-themed diner party right after I moved here and invited a vegan. I went to multiple grocery stores trying to find chips that didn't have fake cheese powder. No luck. I never would have thought that plain tortilla chips would be impossible to find.

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete