Sunday, April 3, 2011

The License Plate Game



At a red light on the way home tonight from a late night dessert run, the Kiwi Flatmate laughed and pointed at the license plate of the car in front of us.  
"One of the things I love about America," she said, "is seeing license plates from other states."  
"Do you know the license plate game?" I asked with a sly grin.  
"No," she replied.
"You go like this," I said punching her shoulder with each letter.  "Missouri X!  A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X!"

How lucky was I to get to demonstrate with X?!

While they don't play The License Plate Game in New Zealand, they do play a version of the Slug Bug Game called Punch Buggy.  We determined that the rules are the same with just a different name.


Signed,
American Roomie


[UPDATE:  The Jamerican read this post and said, "Slug Bug, what's that?"  I explained it to her, and she said, "We call it Punch Buggy.  It looks like you're the weird one in the house."]

3 comments:

  1. American Roomie is often the weird one in the house. I have a secret plan to subvert this blog so that instead of it demonstrating my weirdness, it demonstrates hers. Maybe not such a secret plan anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called it "Slug Bug" too but knew some people who called it "Punch Buggy" and I thought that was weird. "Slug Bug" is so much more fun to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Slug Bug" is more fun to say. To me, "Punch Buggy" sounds like you're going to hit a baby in a stroller.

    ReplyDelete