Thursday, April 7, 2011

mAptitude Test

The Kiwi Flatmate told me that there's a rumor in New Zealand that most Americans can't locate New Zealand on a map.  What?!  This is a huge problem!  What do I think of this?  I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some...people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and...wait...that was someone else's response.  In all seriousness though, I think I've identified the root of the problem:  Risk.  Let me explain.

The Kiwi Flatmate, the Jamerican, and I host a bi-monthly game of Risk at The Red Door.  Here is a picture of the board that comes with our 1993 version of the game:


Notice anything funny?

Look a little closer.


That's right!  There's no New Zealand!  No wonder Americans can't find it!  Any kid who grew up playing Risk wouldn't even know to look for it.  Of course, they'll also think there are only 4 countries in South America, but I digress.  It looks like the quest for world domination started with a game designer nuking New Zealand.

Signed,
American Roomie


3 comments: